Forensic Financial Services
Our licensed team of professionals is well known and respected in the insurance and forensic accounting community. We have 30 + years of extensive experience with forensic engagements including the calculation of economic damages, claim services, expert witness testimony, binding arbitrations, and depositions. Our professional staff has assisted in economic and accounting evaluations for multiple industries. Our firm is retained to consult on a variety of cases by numerous clients.
Licenses currently held by KA Forensic’s professionals:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Property Casualty License
- Certified Financial Forensics
- Certified Fraud Examiner
Our professionals are well verse in the following agency management systems:
- AMS 360
- ImageRight / WorkSmart
Jim Kinsel CPA, CFF, CFE, Senior Partner
Jim has been providing forensic accounting services since 1989. He specializes in quantifying economic damages resulting from various natural disasters, employee dishonesty, product failure, fire, theft, and more.
Jim has advised and calculated damages in many different industries worldwide with a variety of contractual arrangements.
Jim has testified as an expert witness on many occasions, specifically in the areas of business interruption, extra expenses, inventory damages, property damage and more.
- Certified Public Accountant, California, License Number 86806
- Certified in Financial Forensics, administered through the AICPA
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Member Number 70675
Jim was trained by his father, a pioneer in forensic accounting. Together they traveled the world and were internationally recognized as experts in the oil industry handling insurance claims with valuations in the hundreds of millions.
In 2013, Jim and his team of professionals were uniquely selected to assist in the distribution of business interruption funds due to the city closure for the Seattle Seawall Project. This project required the agreement of all parties on valuations between the City of Seattle and fourteen different businesses that were directly impacted due to the closure.
Jim has recently developed a program to assist business owners and insurance brokers in calculating proper business interruption values for insurance coverages. This program has been designed to provide a user-friendly interface between the complex and confusing landscape of business interruption worksheets.
Presentations and Teaching Experience
- Business Interruption Worksheets, Ventura County, CA
- Financial Executives International (FEI), Ontario, CA
- IBA West Young Brokers & Agents Conference, Napa Valley, CA
- CPCU Chapter, San Diego, CA
- PLRB – Large Loss Conference (Course of Construction), Atlanta, GA
- PLRB – Large Loss Conference (Contingent Business Interruption), Phoenix AZ
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting – Woodbury University, June 1993
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners